EXCEPTIONAL CANCER CARE, EXCEPTIONAL NURSES
Seattle Cancer Care Alliance, in Seattle, Washington, is part of a dynamic collaboration among three organizations known nationally and internationally for their patient care and research: Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, University of Washington, and Seattle Children's. These three organizations have worked together to support their mission of world class adult and pediatric oncology patient care services, research and education. Please join us and be part of making a difference in the lives of our patients, families, and community!
At Seattle Cancer Care Alliance every patient, every life matters. Our dedicated nurses are a driving force making SCCA a global leader in the prevention, treatment, and cure of cancer. Our nurses rank among leading experts in oncology. Our nurses provide exceptional patient and family-centered care as they coordinate and assist in individualized treatment. They integrate care with support for the research and development of innovative therapies. Embarking with each patient on a journey through cancer treatment and survival, our compassionate nurses walk hand-in-hand with courage and hope with each individual to ensure the best possible patient outcome.
"Like our world-renowned physicians and researchers, SCCA's nurses set a world-class standard in their field, and a very high bar across an incredibly diverse range of professional skills. Our nurses bring a unique kind of compassion to their work, rooted in a profound understanding of the very human challenge our patients and their families are going through. They provide a depth of knowledge and insight that ensure our patients are well educated about the prevention and care of cancer, and empowered to make the best decisions before, during, and well after recovery from cancer. They strive for nursing excellence because they demand that level of performance from themselves, each other, and the rest of us. SCCA has always known that nurses are the backbone of our patient care, and, because of that, we have had a historic commitment to nurses practicing at the top of their license. That commitment is even stronger today."
Angelique Richard, R.N., Ph.D., Chief Nurse Executive and Vice President of Clinical Operations
Our nurses are vital to the journey of cancer care. We invite you to explore our career opportunities and apply online for more information.
This position provides direct patient care and is critical in the management of our patients being treated with chemotherapy/biologic therapy agents, blood products, immunotherapy/CAR T-Cell and Stem Cell infusion, IV fluids and other medications.
The essential responsibilities are as follows:
- Perform nursing assessment prior to each infusion, review relevant lab results, pain assessment and other symptoms.
- Assure the safety of patients by following all procedures related to verification of orders and products when administering chemotherapy and blood products.
- Demonstrate an awareness of the potentially hazardous nature of many of the agents administered and uses correct precautions when handling them.
- Follow all procedures regarding safe disposal of any materials used in the administration of chemotherapy or other toxic agents and blood products.
- Communicate patient symptoms including complaints presented upon arrival to the case manager or team nurse.
- Request consultation from social work, dietician or pastoral care staff when patient's situation indicates.
- Document all nursing care activities accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of patient privacy rights.
If interested, please apply online at http://track.tmpservice.com/ApplyClick.aspx?id=2318060-2647-921