The Jackson Laboratory is an independent, nonprofit biomedical research institution, dedicated to the discovery of the genetic basis for preventing, treating and curing human disease, and enabling research and education for the global biomedical community.
The Jackson Laboratory's 43-acre campus is nestled between the Gulf of Maine and the mountains of Acadia National Park, one mile from downtown Bar Harbor. With a staff of nearly 1,300 in Bar Harbor, the Laboratory is Downeast Maine's largest employer. That headcount includes more than 200 Ph.D.s, physicians and veterinarians who staff and support the research teams that investigate the genetic basis of cancer, diabetes, Alzheimer's and many other human diseases and disorders.
The Center for Biometric Analysis (CBA) at The Jackson Laboratory is a new mouse phenotyping facility, capable of measuring the precise biological changes that accompany disease and that predict response to medical interventions. We are seeking a Biostatistician to join our team located in Bar Harbor, Maine. This role offers the opportunity to make leading contributions to cutting edge research in mouse genetics, disease biology, and translational research in collaboration with the faculty, genetic resource scientists and clients of The Jackson Laboratory.
- Design, analyze and report biomedical research data for individual biological assays and complex phenotyping pipelines, including experimental design, power and sample size analysis, and quality control monitoring
- Develop and implement analysis methodologies appropriate for the data types generated by the CBA
- Work effectively and collaboratively in a team environment including individuals with varying levels of experience
- Write and edit statistical content for manuscripts and/or grants
- Serve as a lead biostatistician on projects of small to large sizes, with minimal supervision
- Provide training in statistical methodologies
- Provide clear, concise and timely written work agreements and analysis summaries
- Promote the work of the CBA through seminars, publications and creation of an extensive professional network