The Henry M. Jackson Foundation for the Advancement of Military Medicine, Inc. (HJF) is seeking an experienced Biostatistician to support the Bioinformatics Core of the Collaborative Health Research Initiative Program (CHIRP) at Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences (USUHS) in Bethesda, Maryland. HJF provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services to CHIRP.
CHIRP is a collaborative precision medicine research program between the National Institutes of Health and the Department of Defense with a focus on heart, lung, blood and sleep disorders.
- Develop and perform statistical analysis for genetic association and genetic variant discovery in large patient cohorts
- Perform experimental design and power analysis
- Analyze statistical properties of alternative genetic variant detection workflows
- Provide statistical consultation and data analyses for CHIRP investigators on genomics studies
- Assists with the report of experimental results for publication in technical and peer-reviewed journals
- Provides collaborative assistance to USU personnel that require the statistical expertise
- May supervise junior informatics staff
- Completes other projects as needed