The Biostatistician is responsible for developing algorithms and performing data mining and statistical analyses for various types of experiments and studies. The candidate must have a strong programming history and the ability to adapt difficult statistical concepts to clinical and molecular applications. The candidate must be able to work in a collaborative environment with scientists and bioinformaticians and provide evidence of relevant research expertise in the form of technical publications, presentations, software, and/or knowledge of applications.
- Perform various types of statistical modeling and analyses using clinical and next-generation sequencing data (particularly in the high dimensional/ small sample setting)
- Leverage knowledge to develop Bayesian models that improve bioinformatics algorithms
- Apply advanced statistical techniques to biological applications and communicate the concepts for non-statisticians
- Run simulations to evaluate performance of various types of algorithms
- Provide analysis and reports to management to aid in decision making