The Biomedical Software Developer is responsible for the design, development, and support of complex scientific software deployed for basic and clinical research studies. Design and development includes interaction with researchers and providing technical expertise on projects. Projects require creative solutions and successful implementation over various stages in the full life cycle of application development, deployment, and maintenance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take ownership as lead developer of shared Institute informatics software packages. Work with Institute researchers and collaborators to improve the usability and performance of these applications, and then to apply these tools to a range of biological and clinical datasets.
- Maintain current applications that support the needs of multifunctional scientific and clinical teams. Contribute to assembling validation data and workflows (and corresponding documentation and SOPs).
- Contribute to a professional software engineering culture including participating in code reviews, mentoring junior developers, and helping improve the Institute's software engineering capabilities.
- Education: BS in Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field required, MS desired.
- Experience: 5 years of experience developing, architecting, and managing the development of numerical software in C/C++, Python, and or Java. Should have strong record of successfully developing, shipping, and supporting software packages and web applications that solve complex scientific or medical challenges.
Job Type: Full-time