At Garvan our research is focused upon understanding the role of genes and molecular and cellular processes in health and disease as the basis for developing future preventions, treatments and cures. Our scientists are researchers who work towards making significant breakthroughs in scientific discovery to positively impact human health.
Our support staff are the foundation of our scientific operations and we only recruit the best talent. Our support teams are experts in their fields and are driven by the dynamic culture, innovation and cutting edge research that the Garvan offers.
We are currently seeking to appoint a Biological Testing Facility (BTF) Manager who will be responsible for the day to day management of the facility. The BTF holds rodents and zebrafish, and is essential for animal based research at Garvan.
Key responsibilities of this position include:
- Manage and recruit BTF staff to develop a cohesive, client-focused team.
- Ensure that staffing levels meet facility requirements.
- Ensure the BTF meets all legislative requirements.
- Liaise with researchers to ensure the BTF meets their experimental requirements.
- Manage the BTF budget and cost recovery.
- Ensure procedures promote the well being of experimental animals, the safety of staff and the efficient running of the facility.
- Manage the BTF laboratories and equipment, including selection, maintenance and quality checks.
- Provide training for staff and researchers in use of the facility and the animal management software.