US Candidates only. At this time we cannot accommodate international candidates requiring sponsorship for Contractor positions. If eleigible for OPT, please feel free to apply.
This role is to provide bioinformatics test support for Illumina’s data analysis software. As a bioinformatics test engineer, you will work in a cross functional team to perform verification and validation on Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) analysis (locally and in the cloud). In this role you will plan an integral part in driving the V&V efforts for bioinformatics applications in both BaseSpace and BaseSpace Onsite. You will also be working with workflow automation/management applications.
The successful candidate must be a fast learner, have a strong sense of ownership and motivation, and be detail-orientated.
• Work independently in cross-functional teams to lead the testing effort for bioinformatics data analysis software.
• Apply knowledge to develop, modify, and execute software test plans and test cases.
• Develop and execute automation scripts for data validation.
• Work with software developers, bioinformatics scientists and domain experts in designing, performing, and improving the verification process.
• Collaborate with peers to identify opportunities for process improvement.