Staff Scientist – Bioinformatics
Basic Function and Scope of the Position
The Bioinformatics Scientist’s main responsibility is to work within the bioinformatics team to develop, improve and maintain tools, pipelines and software for the analysis of complex NGS datasets that meet or exceed the quality expectations and regulatory requirements for molecular diagnostic assays and research products. This position also requires the employee to follow Invivoscribe’s quality and development policies, including documentation and validation of analyses to ensure that products and assays meet the required specifications.
Accurate and efficient bioinformatics analyses are essential for extracting value from generated NGS data. Successful performance contributes to the quality and regulation of products and assays that play a significant role in the growth of the company.
Essential Functions / Job Responsibilities
- Maintain, troubleshoot and improve existing bioinformatics tools, pipelines, and software.
- Design and implement novel computational and statistical approaches and frameworks to analyze and interpret complex NGS data sets.
- Conduct genetic interpretation and application of results from NGS data.
- Manage personal goals and tasks to ensure scope and timelines meet the aims of Invivoscribe.
- Regularly communicate accomplishments and progress to team members and management.
- Proactively communicate with co-workers to help ensure analytical goals are achieved.
- Coordinate and interact closely with other scientists on data quality and file management; implement these formats and metrics for project data.
- Share expertise; provide training and guidance to team members as needed.
- Participate within a team of scientists to foster a culture of scientific excellence.
- Cooperates and respectfully communicates with external and internal customers.
- Other duties, as assigned.