PicoSeq currently has an open position for a full-time bio-informatician to work on various projects related to the development of our instrument systems for fingerprinting, sequencing, and epigenetic analysis of DNA and RNA. This is rare opportunity to play an important role in the development of a cutting-edge technology, and as part of a dynamic early-stage company. The position will be based in Paris, France.
We are seeking an exceptional individual who enjoys working in a highly collaborative and fast paced R&D environment to join our multidisciplinary team. The successful candidate will work with biologists, engineers, physicists and software engineers, both within PicoSeq and as part of collaborations with academic and OEM partners. He/she will play an important role in the commercialization of our innovative new technology for analysis of individual DNA and RNA molecules. The candidate should have demonstrated competence working both individually and in project teams.
The successful candidate will develop new data mining and modelling algorithms and tools for analysing RNA and DNA maps, sequences, and epigenetic fingerprints based on outputs from our unique genomics platform. This work will involve the analysis of novel data types and the development of new analytical methods. In addition, it will be necessary to support other team members in the handling, analysis, and storage of the data produced by the system. The candidate will develop robust and reliable software infrastructure components, documentation and tests that enable our team to rapidly create a diversity of software solutions.
This role would suit candidates that have a solid background in statistics and data analysis and who would like to apply their experience and skills in bioinformatics to the development of breakthrough technologies.
- Support data analysis and bioinformatics pipeline development for PicoSeq’s innovative SMIDEQ platform
- Help develop the novel range of applications and capabilities that will be supported by future SIMDEQ workflows/platforms
- Work closely with the sequencing and instrumentation teams to ensure optimal development of the SIMDEQ platform
- Manage a small group of internal and external collaborators
- Use and develop state of the art software tools (internal and external) to analyze SIMDEQ data
- Develop and perform automated and manual tests to ensure the quality of data processing and bioinformatic algorithms
- Participate in formal and informal design and code reviews
- Participate in group meetings, present work to group members