We are seeking a highly motivated bioinformatics scientist to join our growing informatics support division in our Genomics Support team. As a Bioinformatics Analyst you will be responsible for the analysis of microarray and next-generation sequencing (NGS) data for Agilent’s customers. This work will be done as part of a team of Informatics Scientists, Applications Scientists in Technical Support and R & D scientists who are enthusiastic about understanding and modeling human genetic variation with our customer’s genomics projects. We are seeking a bioinformatician specialized in the analysis of genetic and genomic data generated with high-throughput technologies (CGH, SNP and CNV genotyping, case-control studies, whole exome/genome analysis, etc).
The Bioinformatics Scientist in the Applications Support Department provides advanced bioinformatics support for Agilent genomics customers using microarray and NGS technologies. Interacts with internal and external customers to provide advanced data analysis through in-depth computational analysis of genomic datasets. Serves as the subject matter expert in Technical Support for Agilent Genomics software programs, SureCall and Cytogenomics . Applies known methods and/or develops novel computational and statistical methods to help analyze genomic data and associated information, including gene expression, CGH+SNP, array-CGH, epigenetic, microRNA and high-throughput sequencing data.
Provides technical/product feedback to R & D and Marketing teams, in order to assist with building the necessary software infrastructure and tools to facilitate data analysis.
Delivers technical expertise for solution implementation to customer based on Agilent products and services. Understands customer’s problems, recommends solutions to meet their needs, and ensures customer satisfaction. Integrates Agilent products and services (at the system/solutions level) into customer’s environment. Ensures the product functions per specifications. Also ensures our system solution platform is functioning properly at the customer site. May be product or technology focused. May deliver customer training classes and consulting related to our application, as well as assist in pre-sales, as part of their tasks.
• Provides advanced bioinformatics support via phone/email for Agilent genomics customers using microarray and NGS technologies; focused on Agilent Genomics Software SureCall and Cytogenomics data analysis; provides advanced technical information, QC metrics, and performs software troubleshooting with remote customers
• Providing scientific (RUO) and clinical partners of the platform with advice and expert assistance in the design, interpretation and visualization of their genetic/genomic studies tools
• Communicating scientific results via slide presentations and providing customer training in analysis methods and software (webex)
• Analyze NGS data using Agilent Genomics software and established pipelines and perform appropriate QC measures;
• Actively seek to improve genomics software and in-house analysis pipelines;
• Assist, collaborate and consult with internal and external researchers on analysis of NGS and microarray data.
• Available to lead aCGH+SNP and NGS software evaluations at customer sites as needed
• Strong communication skills needed to translate complex software applications to new customers
• Will work closely with in-house and remote technical support teams to troubleshoot customer software issues
• Strong understanding and ability to teach copy number interpretations in a clinical context