We are currently seeking a software engineer to work in our Frederick, Maryland, US office or in Hilden, Germany. The software engineer will develop code for pipelines that process complex genomic data, including next generation sequencing reads. The pipelines support both internal R&D needs, and also customer-facing services such as sequencing read analysis. The position requires strong coding ability, and strong skills in multi-machine parallel processing.
- Build and manage sequencing read processing pipelines using a combination of software developed by the academic community and in-house code development
- Continuously develop script and compute infrastructure to rapidly support needs of internal R&D scientists
- Develop and support customer-facing, cloud-based compute infrastructure for processing sequencing reads for multiple scientific applications
- Troubleshoot customer problems
- Maintain and improve legacy code, including integration of systems resulting from corporate acquisitions