The New York Genome Center is looking for a highly motivated, detail-oriented individual to join our informatics division in the computational biology group. As Bioinformatics Scientist (Statistical Genetics/Genetic Epidemiology), you will be responsible for the analysis of genomic data, including genotyping and exome and whole genome sequencing. Work will include genotype/phenotype association, ancestry inference, and development of QC/QA for familial and population sequencing projects. You will work as part of a team of analysts and scientists, and report to the Senior Director of Computational Biology.
- Analyze sequencing and genotyping data using established workflows;
- Develop and implement appropriate QC/QA measures;
- Implement, execute and document data analysis pipelines and workflows;
- Benchmark new tools for genotyping/sequencing data analysis and propose improvements;
- Develop and apply novel analytic and statistical approaches and methods;
- Collaborate with internal and external researchers on analyses of genomic data;
- Work with biologists and/or clinicians to design appropriate studies and establish analysis plans and goals;
- Lead analysis projects;
- Participate in grant application writing;
- Present results to internal and external scientists through talks, peer-reviewed manuscripts and conference presentations; and,
- May manage junior-level analysts.