The New York Genome Center is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our computational biology group. As a Bioinformatics Scientist, RNA, you will be responsible for the analysis and interpretation of transcriptomic data (RNA-seq and single-cell RNA-seq), a major area of interest at the NYGC. The job requires innovative problem solving in all parts of the process from sequencing, estimating gene and transcript expression, applying statistical methods for differential analyses and clustering to biological interpretation and multimodal data integration.
Job duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Analyze sequencing data using established workflows;
- Develop and improve next generation sequencing data analysis algorithms and pipelines and/or statistical methods to analyze results of RNA-seq or single-cell RNA-seq experiments;
- Develop and apply innovative statistical methods and data integration approaches for transcriptomics when off-the-shelf methods are not adequate;
- Assist, collaborate, and consult with internal/external researchers on analysis of transcriptomic data;
- Interpret and present analysis results to coworkers and collaborators;
- Publish developed methods and scientific findingsin scientific journals and give presentations at conferences;
- Collaborate with other members of the computational biology team as well as external collaborators and customers;
- Mentor junior team members;
- Help identify relevant funding opportunities interests and participate in grant writing.