Clontech is looking for a highly skilled, creative, and self-motivated individual with experience building algorithms and pipelines for analysis of next-generation sequencing data to join our talented team of researchers developing cutting-edge reagents for NGS library preparation. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing analysis pipelines and statistical tools for NGS, working both independently as well as closely with experimentalists in R&D to enable the development of novel kits for NGS library preparation from RNA and DNA.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Pipeline development – generating reproducible tools for analysis and visualization that can be used by non-bioinformaticians for routine data analysis.
- Data analysis & experimental design – work closely with molecular biologists in the NGS group to understand and assess reagent performance, both by assisting in the design of experiments to explore product performance as well as leading the statistical analysis of the resultant datasets.
- Intensively analyze data to understand system properties that can affect results and propose potential experimental modifications accordingly.
- Keep up to date with the latest developments in NGS analysis algorithms.
- Attend conferences to present data, obtain information on current developments in bioinformatics and develop external contacts.
- Manage the group’s NGS workstations and coordinate with IT staff regarding computer resourcing and data management.
- Serve as functional expert to support sales and technical support representatives – may be required to give presentations to customers.
- Help prepare drafts and review technical documents related to product manufacture as well as customer-directed application notes.