Seeking individuals with expertise in bioinformatics and an understanding of the cancer genome to identify relevant cancer driver aberrations. The successful candidate will work collaboratively in a matrix environment to develop data analysis strategies to address key questions about cancer for our internal and external customers. Applications include diagnostics, target and biomarker discovery, indication selection, and clinical development strategies.
- Collaborate with colleagues to understand our customer’s questions about cancer, patients, and drugs, and develop data analysis strategies and plans to answer them.
- Implement bioinformatics data integration and analysis pipelines in Pipeline Pilot and/or scripting languages, drawing on a large collection of high-throughput genomic data and sample annotations.
- Develop visualization environments in Spotfire to enable scientists to explore the data and answer questions.
- Written and verbal presentation of results and methods. May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
- Proven understanding and experience in the fields of genomics, experimental data processing, high-throughput data analysis, and genomic databases. Understanding of basic biology and cancer biology a must.
- Firm grasp of univariate statistical analysis fundamentals necessary. Experience with multivariate statistics or statistical modeling a plus.
- Candidates should have knowledge of leading NGS processing techniques for the quantification of gene expression and copy number, and the identification of somatic mutations, gene fusions, and genomic rearrangements. Direct experience processing NGS data is a plus. Candidates should be familiar with the limitations of the various NGS platforms and informatic pipelines, so that data are appropriately integrated into analyses.
- Strong computational skills, particularly in data parsing, cleansing, data modeling, analysis, and database design and implementation.
- Solid knowledge of unix/linux.
- Previous bioinformatics and scientific programming experience necessary; experience with Spotfire, Pipeline Pilot, R, SQL, and NGS a plus.
- Ability to review, synthesize, and present scientific data and methods. Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Has courage and confidence to take risks and learn from mistakes. Inspires, motivates and collaborates with others.
- Anticipates needs and problems while creating solutions