• Collaborate with team members to optimize and enhance the bioinformatics capacity to identify relevant functional genetic elements and genetic variations from large quantities of proprietary sequence and trait data;
• Manage next-generation sequencing (NGS) data and analyze using databases and tools and integrating with other BCS databases;
• Maintain and extend a robust knowledge of omics and informatics and communicate those knowledge effectively to bench scientists;
• Develop novel bioinformatics tools and/or innovatively utilize existing tools to build custom workflows or pipelines that maximize the bioinformatics contribution to R&D research goals;
• Participate in a multi-disciplinary team of scientists to offer data-driven solutions to discover novel traits for controlling pests and diseases in plants;
• Advance knowledge of the dynamics of plant, microbe and pest/pathogen interaction using various omics technology to elucidate the mechanism-of-action of BCS products.