The New York Genome Center is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our computational biology group. As Bioinformatics Scientist, Cancer you will be responsible for maintaining and improving the Cancer genomic pipelines (alignment, somatic SNV and SV calling). The job requires innovative problem solving in all parts of the process from sequencing to calling and understanding somatic variation, to biological interpretation, multimodal data integration and analysis of personalized treatment options. Collaboration with other members of the computational biology team as well as external collaborators and customers is paramount. Publication of developed methods and scientific findings is encouraged.
Job duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Maintenance and improvement of next generation sequencing data analysis pipelines;
- Develop and apply innovative sequence data analysis and data integration approaches for oncology when off-the-shelf methods are not adequate;
- Analyze sequencing data using established and newly developed workflows;
- Assist, collaborate, and consult with internal/external researchers on analysis of genomic data;
- Interpret and present analysis results to coworkers and collaborators;
- Publish results in scientific journals and give presentations at conferences.