This position at the New York Genome Center is within the computational biology group and will report to the Director, Computational Biology, Cancer and Functional Genomics. As a Bioinformatics Scientist, you will be responsible for the analyses of cancer genome samples sequenced at NYGC. This includes the maintenance, benchmarking, and continuous improvement of our analysis pipelines, as well as participation in the downstream analyses. Additionally, you will apply and implement various tools and algorithms to analyze cancer sequencing data, collaborate with NYGC staff on developing new tools and with external investigators on the integration of genomics results within their scientific projects.
- Contribute to setup, management and maintenance of next generation sequencing (NGS) data analysis pipelines;
- Analyze sequencing data using the established pipeline(s);
- Develop and implement innovative computational approaches for the analysis of large sequence datasets from NGS technologies;
- Collaborate and consult with external and internal researchers on the analyses of NGS data;
- Interpret and present the results of the computational and statistical analyses to collaborators and coworkers;
- Work with the software engineering team to ensure pipeline upgrades and new pipelines are properly implemented in our production workflow manager;
- Assist collaborators with data access, analysis, and interpretation;
- Supervise and guide bioinformatics analysts/programmers;
- Participate in grant application writing;
- Publish results in scientific journals and give presentations at conferences;
- Participate in community outreach.
- Stay current on innovations in DNA sequencing analysis;