The Department of Pathology at The Miriam Hospital and Rhode Island Hospital is seeking a bioinformatics scientist to join the Lifespan Academic Medical Center. Minimum requirements include: M.S. or Ph.D. or M.D. in a field related to analysis of genetic sequence data along with expertise and experience in bioinformatics and/or biomedical informatics. Additional certification in medical genetics or biomedical molecular diagnostics will be favorably considered.
- Basic knowledge of molecular biology and genomics
- Proficient in Python, or similar programming language, and Linux/Unix/Mac environment
- Experience in analyzing next generation sequencing (NGS) data (DNA-seq, RNA-seq etc.) is strongly preferred
- Familiarity with commonly used databases and bioinformatics tools for NGS data analysis (eg. BEDTools, SAMtools, IGV, ANNOVAR, Bowtie, GATK, ChimeraScan, UCSC Genome Browser, Galaxy, etc.)
- Experience with R, Perl, Java, HTML/CSS, SPSS/SAS or similar, and SQL is preferred
- Experience developing analysis and reporting pipelines for clinical tests is preferred.
Faculty appointment is available at a rank of Assistant Professor in the Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine at Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University, based on experience and qualifications.
The Miriam Hospital/Rhode Island Hospital is an EEO/AA employer and encourages applications from minorities, women and protected persons.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until a candidate is hired or the search is closed.