Why is one person more likely to develop a disease—like cancer, diabetes or Parkinson’s—than someone else? Why would one person respond differently to treatment than another? What is the most effective treatment for each patient? Illumina’s technologies are helping researchers and clinicians around the world to answer these questions and others, on a scale not even possible a few years ago.
Illumina develops tools for the discovery of genetic variation and the analysis of its biological significance. We have developed assays for applications including sequencing, whole genome genotyping, gene expression, methylation, and copy number variation. We are seeking an exceptional individual to contribute to innovative methods which transform sequencing results into discoveries and clinical insight to improve patient care. Your responsibilities may include:
• Design statistical and machine-learning models for variant calling and interpretation
• High performance software/algorithm design and prototyping
• Analysis of error modes and actionable patterns in large scale data sets
• Analysis and modeling to support new assay development
• Participation in sequencing analysis/methods development communities
• Experience developing novel inference models and/or algorithms
• Expertise in software development using C++/C#/Java or similar
• Superior written and verbal communication skills
• Training or research experience in genomics, population genetics or cancer
• Exposure to professional software engineering development practices
• Experience with next-generation sequencing platforms and data.
• PhD in computer science, mathematics, statistics, bioinformatics, or equivalent
When you join the high-performing team at Illumina, your work takes on new meaning. Our growth, our positive culture, and the impact our products are having in the world ignite a passion that drives our people forward. And together, we accomplish beyond expectations.
Illumina is an Equal Opportunity Employer