Sequenom has a great opportunity for a Bioinformatics Scientist (levels I, II, or Senior based on skills and years of experience) . This position will be responsible for genomic data analysis. The ideal candidate must be able to work in a collaborative research environment and be able to provide evidence of relevant research expertise in the form of presentations, software, technical publications, and/or knowledge of applications.
- Develop machine learning methods and/or computational algorithms to infer insight full biological information from Next Generation Sequencing data
- Big Data analyses/mining over internally produced and publicly available very large data sets
- Perform statistical and bioinformatics analyses of experimental data produced by Next generation sequencing instruments, and other genome sequencing methods
- Provide analysis information to management to aid in decision making on the development of new laboratory developed tests
- Provide bioinformatics support for the commercial launch of molecular diagnostic tests
- At the senior level, perform the role of technical lead and manage and mentor junior scientists