The Applied Genomics department at Genus seeks a Bioinformatics Scientist to help us change the future of animal breeding, through strategic and actionable uses of genomic data. Join a growing team using next generation sequencing and bioinformatics to improve decision making and accelerate genetic improvement in bovine and porcine genetics. This position is located in the general Madison, WI area, physically located in DeForest, WI.
As a member of this team, the successful candidate will:
- Thrive in an environment of increasingly large datasets
- Participate in all phases of the genomics data lifecycle from experiment conception, pipeline development and execution, and management of data assets to address the current, and future questions
- Have a bias towards curiosity and extraction of actionable intelligence from the data
- Enjoy working in a collaborative team environment
- Have a communication style that is effective for both technical and lay audiences