Do you want to make a difference? Illumina’s mission is to improve human health by unlocking the power of the genome. If that inspires you, let’s talk. We’ve built a culture fueled by innovation, collaboration and openness, and established ourselves as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies. Our people and our technology change lives by driving advancements in life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging markets. Life at Illumina is about working with teammates who are deeply passionate about what we do, because we know that our work has the power to improve lives. We’re an established company with a track record of phenomenal growth. Just check out our investor events and presentations to learn about our financial accomplishments. Our growth isn’t just in financials, we’ve been busy hiring the best and the brightest. Perhaps that’s why MIT has ranked Illumina near the top of its World’s Smartest Companies each of the last three years. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven environment, Illumina is the place for you. Join the journey of a lifetime. Join Illumina.
As a Bioinformatics Scientist supporting Reagent Test, you will provide support for the Illumina data analysis pipelines in Reagent Operations that drive the testing and release Illumina’s market leading products.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Assisting Engineering and Production with sequencing analysis, interpretation, spec setting, trending, troubleshooting, and improvement.
- Working with Process Engineering, Quality, Suppliers, and Customer Support to troubleshoot production line issues related to consumable performance.
- Working as part of a team to envision and deploy a scalable architecture for analysis, performance trending, and monitoring.
- Provide support as needed for New Product Introduction (NPI) activities.
- Assist in defining technical requirements for new products.
- Providing technical feedback to R&D for existing and new product development.
- MS/PhD in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Statistics with 3+ years’ experience OR BS in molecular biology and 5+ years’ experience in a bioinformatics related field
- Demonstrated understanding of experimental design and sequence analysis
- Experience with Unix/Linux HPC environment
- Experience in developing and querying large database systems including MSSQL, MySQL, and NoSQL databases
- Able to use and develop scalable REST APIs
- Clear understanding of bioinformatics tools used for alignment, variant calling and genome annotation
- Experience in visualization and mining of large and complex datasets of biological relevance
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at 858-246-8959. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf