We are seeking an organized, talented bioinformatician with a proven track record in genome assembly, metagenomic assembly, biological data science, or related areas. The chosen candidate will be responsible for performing bioinformatics analyses using our entire scientific toolset, particularly in the fields of chromosome-scale genome scaffolding and metagenomic deconvolution using Hi-C and similar chromatin conformation data. They will also be responsible for developing new bioinformatics tools in these areas and for participating in R&D discussions and experimental planning with members of our wetlab team and other computational team members.
We are a highly dynamic, collaborative, and people-focused company. If you are interested in working for a small, innovation-focused biotech, learning the ropes of industrial laboratory operations while growing your scientific skills—apply today!
- Use Phase Genomics’ bioinformatics platform to perform genome scaffolding, metagenome deconvolution, and other genomics research in conjunction with our clients.
- Employ other standard bioinformatic tools as appropriate to accomplish project research goals.
- Conceive, design, and develop new bioinformatic tools to create new analytical capabilities in our products.
- Communicate with clients about their research projects, and suggest tools and methods to accomplish their research goals.
- Assist with product development and R&D.
- Collaborate with wetlab and other computational staff to optimize experimental design.
- Track project workflow, sample preparation details, sequencing progress, and computational analyses.
- Maintain thorough documentation of experiments, processes, etc.
- Work with a collaborative and cross-functional team.