Do you want to make a difference? Illumina’s mission is to improve human health by unlocking the power of the genome. If that inspires you, let’s talk. We’ve built a culture fueled by innovation, collaboration and openness, and established ourselves as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies. Our people and our technology change lives by driving advancements in life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging markets. Life at Illumina is about working with teammates who are deeply passionate about what we do, because we know that our work has the power to improve lives. We’re an established company with a track record of phenomenal growth. Just check out our investor events and presentations to learn about our financial accomplishments. Our growth isn’t just in financials, we’ve been busy hiring the best and the brightest. Perhaps that’s why MIT has ranked Illumina near the top of its World’s Smartest Companies each of the last three years. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven environment, Illumina is the place for you. Join the journey of a lifetime. Join Illumina.
Bioinformatics Project Manager (Production-scale DNA Sequencing)
Cambridgeshire, Permanent/ Full time
Industry leading remuneration package which would include company equity, annual bonus, private medical insurance and more
Do you have experience working on high throughput NGS pipelines?
Are you confident enough to oversee a high-visibility project which is the first of its kind in the world?
Can you commit to deliver high accuracy data, whilst still maintain a challenging output target?
Illumina are seeking an experienced Bioinformatics Project Manager to join a high-visibility project that will sequence 100,000 whole genomes of cancer patients and children and adults associated with rare genetic disease as a way of better understanding the underlying causes of disease and ultimately revolutionize the fight against cancer and rare genetic disease (http://www.genomicsengland.co.uk/). Illumina need candidates that have a strong history of developing and delivering high quality, high volume informatics production pipelines.
- Monitoring both output and quality to ensure the Illumina hits key milestones throughout the project
- Managing a effective change within an ISO15189 accredited environment
- Tracking of Samples and forecasting operational output
- Working with key stakeholders (both internal and external) ensuring high levels of communication
- Working closely with the Project Director to help coordinating the effort of a multi-disciplinary project team
- A solid bachelor degree or higher qualification in informatics, computational science or similar subject area
- Proven experience working on high through put data pipelines within regulated environments. This could come from pharmaceutical, clinical or medical device industries – they key is that you are comfortable managing complex data pipelines that governed by high quality standards.
- Demonstrable communication skills (verbal and written) – confident networking with senior managers and operational staff
- Comfortable working in a project-led environment – must be able to organise their own workload and drive the right activities to achieve key deliverables
- Philosophically aligned to the quality standards set out in the Genomics England project – must be driven to deliver high quality data.
This is your opportunity to work on one of the UK’s (and the worlds) most significant projects to align the power of genomics with goal of improving human health. If you are seeking a high-visibility role that promises to have real impact on the field of NGS and healthcare, then this role is worth considering.
To be considered please log onto Illumina’s career pages and use the reference 2382BR
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunities employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.