We're rapidly growing and looking for innovative programmers to join our team!
As a Bioinformatics Programmer, you will be part of the team revolutionizing the personal genomics industry.
You will work collaboratively to optimize and evolve the company’s bioinformatics information technology platform.
As a programmer with Jedi-like skills, you will be part of a fast-paced team in programming and managing the Sequencing.com platform, including APIs and apps, that transform genetic data into useful information.
We’re looking for ambitious bioinformatics programmers who have the passion and imagination to help us turn massive amounts of unstructured and semi-structured genetic data into useful information for consumers, healthcare professionals and researchers.
Position reports to the Director of Bioinformatics.
- Engage in agile development cycles including code reviews and assessment of deliverables and milestones
- Optimize the day-to-day performance and scalability of Sequencing.com's backend platform
- Participate in the integration of new apps from 3rd party app developers and 3rd party sites into Sequencing.com's App Market
- Use your scientific background, coding expertise and creativity to develop and launch new apps and improve existing apps in Sequencing.com’s App Market
- Maintain, code, and optimize existing internal and public APIs
- Evolve the platform's Universal Genetic Data Compatibility technology including searching for and optimizing compatibility for previously unseen and new genetic data formats
- Maintain reference datasets
- Develop and run internal bioinformatics product validation efforts including continuous integration testing
- Write technical guides and create demos for end-users