The Human Genome Sequencing Center (HGSC) at Baylor College of Medicine is recruiting for a Bioinformatics Programmer 2. This position requires a trained bioinformatician, preferably with experience in genomics and next generation sequencing. The Genome Assembly and Analysis group is responsible for global and local de novo assembly based analyses and informatics analyses for both research and clinical applications. The candidate will be required to interact with other staff scientists, informaticians, and collaborators. Because of this deep and varied interaction, they will need excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Performs in-depth sequence analyses on large genomic datasets.
- Applies existing custom bioinformatics software to both well- defined and novel genome analysis problems.
- Designs, codes, tests, debug, and maintain programs and research software for genome sequence analysis applications.
- Researches, assesses imports, configures, and customizes third- party bioinformatics software.
- Use and customize statistical graphing tools to visualize sequence data.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.