In this role, the successful candidate Bioinformatician for next-generation sequencing data management and analysis of data generated by Next-Generation DNA sequencers (Illumina, 454) in a DNA sequencing core Facility.
- Responsible for setting up an analysis pipeline to process raw instrument output and conduct downstream bioinformatics analysis.
- Responsible for mapping to reference genomes, de novo assembly, cancer variant detection, expression analysis, ChIP-seq etc.
- Curation of sequence data, data quality control, and communication with diverse investigators are also important.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Read relevant scientific literature and product updates, make suggestions to improve data analysis methods.