The New York Genome Center is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our rapidly expanding informatics division. As a pragmatic team player with experience in developing and supporting software for bioinformatics applications, you will develop analysis and annotation programs focused on next-generation sequencing (NGS) data analysis. This work will be done as part of a team of Bioinformatics Scientists, Programmers, Analysts and Software Engineers.
Job duties will include:
- Prototype, develop, deploy, and document software that supports the analysis, annotation and quality control pipelines for NGS data;
- Automate, benchmark and test data analysis pipelines and support transition of these pipelines into a workflow management system;
- Benchmark and evaluate individual bioinformatics tools and components of the analysis pipelines to ensure best performance and correctness;
- Find novel ways to translate scientific concepts, as published in the literature, into computational context and standard analysis pipelines;
- Develop and implement novel data visualization strategies to summarize results and QC features;
- Develop and implement tools for automatic report generation (both research and clinical/CLIA sequencing), to be presented both internally and to external collaborators;
- Support computational biology groups with scripting, troubleshooting, and automation coding.