Bioinformatics Group Lead
Competitive Tax-free Salary
KAUST is an international graduate-level, merit-based research university dedicated to advancing science and technology through innovative and collaborative research and addressing challenges of regional and global significance. Based near Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, KAUST has attracted top-notch faculty and staff from all over the world, especially from countries such as USA, Germany, China, the UK, Australia, Japan, and Italy. This high diversity is also reflected by the student body, with more than 80 nations represented on campus.
We are currently seeking a Bioinformatics Group Lead at the Bioscience and Bioengineering Core Facility which covers proteomics, protein expression, cell sorting, next generation sequencing and functional genomics.
- Lead the bioinformatics team at the Biosciences Core Lab
- Set annual objectives and develop the team.
- Work closely within the bioinformatics team, with other the Biosciences Core lab members and the clients on projects.
- Ensure timely and robust processing and quality assessment of NGS data.
- Development and implementation of new IT tools for the lab.
- Possibility to work with third generation (PacBio) sequencing data.
- Completed PhD in bioinformatics.
- Experience with project team work.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Former experience with IT infrastructure and NGS data is a requirement.
Located on the beautiful Red Sea coast of Saudi Arabia, KAUST sets exceptional standards in residences, recreational facilities and boasts a truly multicultural environment which can be enjoyed by all. Life on the Campus provides ample opportunities and time to keep work and life in harmony – from vacations and holidays to an inviting campus community on the shores of the Red Sea, with all the seaside amenities and recreation facilities of a fine resort. Expats are very well looked after, with packages including tax-free salary, relocation, accommodation and various additional incentives.
To apply, visit the KAUST website at http://apptrkr.com/655733 . All applications must be submitted through this site for consideration.