Bioinformatics Engineer (Contractor)
- Work independently in cross-functional teams to lead the testing effort for bioinformatics data analysis software.
- Develop and execute automation scripts for data validation.
- Apply knowledge to develop, modify, and execute software test plans and test cases.
- Work with software developers, bioinformatics scientists and domain experts in designing, performing, and improving the verification process.
- Collaborate with peers to identify opportunities for process improvement.
- Working experience with object-oriented programming (such as Jave, C++,C#) is required.
- Solid understanding of genetics, Microarray, NGS technique, human genome analysis, and familiar with bioinformatics tools and algorithms.
- Previous working experience involving Bioinformatics software development or testing is preferred.
- Familiarity with databases (such as MySQL), Cloud computing (Amazon Web Services), and web services is a plus.
- Good verbal and written communication and troubleshooting skills.