In this role you will use your exceptional software engineering skills to develop products and analytical pipelines that enable a rapidly growing services division within our company. You have plenty of hands-on experience quality controlling and analyzing short-read, long-read and nanopore sequencing outputs. You also understand the bench and/or clinical science driving the data generation, so you’re at ease communicating results and interpretation in the appropriate context. All-stars like you get bored easily, so a dynamic environment with the opportunity to interface with scientists and business leaders gets you excited. You’ll have the unique opportunity to stay on the bleeding edge of biomarker discovery by diving into data exploration with clients and communicating insights to collaborators.
Additionally you will:
- Code in Python, PERL, C/C++, Java, etc. in a distributed high performance computing environment
- Translate biological questions into robust, appropriately powered experimental designs and analytical frameworks
- Produce scientifically rigorous and intuitive data visualizations
- Interact with customers to capture analytical requirements, prioritizing a project queue, and communicating results to informatics peers, as well as non-technical audiences
- Make sound, well-justified recommendations for program capabilities and capacity