Scionics Computer Innovation seeks to recruit a highly motivated individual who will be integrated into an existing team dedicated to scientific computing and bioinformatics data analysis. This team provides services within an academic research institute and works with research groups and scientists to analyze and interpret biological datasets. A strong understanding of molecular biology, statistics, and bioinformatics techniques is therefore essential along with excellent communication skills and an enthusiasm for scientific data analysis.
This is a full-time, onsite position (Dresden, Germany), with salary based on experience. Scionics may provide assistance with moving costs.
- Develop software both to automate repetitive steps in bioinformatics analysis workflows and answer novel biological questions raised by research scientists
- Provide a walk-in consultation service for small-scale biological data analysis including phylogenetics, orthologue searching, domain annotation, and basic protein structure prediction
- Analyze large biological datasets, primarily, but not exclusively produced, from NGS experiments
- Consult with researchers on appropriate bioinformatics techniques or statistical tests for their scientific research
- Keep current with scientific literature and community efforts with regard to cutting-edge bioinformatics tools and techniques
- Maintain the bioinformatics web pages offering links to bioinformatics web-tools, databases, and other resources
- Work as part of the interdisciplinary Scientific Computing team on all aspects of large data analysis, visualization, and presentation. This could include involvement with sequence analysis, image analysis, and software development projects