We are seeking a highly-motivated bioinformatics scientist to work in genomics research on our team. The candidate will serve as an integral member of a multi-disciplinary genomics research team by developing and implementing software tools, pipelines and workflows for analyzing high-throughput genomics, epigenomics, and transcriptomics data.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop and implement scripts to parse, process, and analyze genome-wide data sets, including next-generation sequencing data from whole exome/genome sequencing, RNA sequencing, and methyl sequencing studies, as well as SNP array data from genome-wide association studies.
• Carry out data analyses in parallel on large compute cluster; integrate, organize and analyze program output.
• Manage research datasets on file servers and ensure their appropriate backup, completeness, correctness and integrity.
• Prepare reports of findings by compiling results, generating figurers, and preparing tables from analyses of genomic studies.
• Assist in preparing scientific presentations, grant applications and manuscripts, with the opportunity if appropriate to present at meetings and contribute as a lead and/or co-author on manuscripts.