New York Genome Center
Bioinformatics Analyst (Metagenomics)
New York, NY
About the New York Genome Center
The New York Genome Center (NYGC) is an independent, non-profit organization that leverages the collaborative resources of leading academic medical centers, research universities, and commercial organizations. Our vision is to transform medical research and clinical care in New York and beyond through the creation of one of the largest genomics facilities in North America, integrating sequencing, bioinformatics, and data management, as well as performing cutting-edge genomics research.
The New York Genome Center is looking for a highly motivated, detail-oriented individual to join our rapidly expanding informatics division in the bioinformatics and computational biology group. As Bioinformatics Analyst (Metagenomics) you will be responsible for the analysis and interpretation of next-generation sequencing (NGS) data, including but not limited to metagenomics and microbial data. You will work as part of a team of analysts and scientists lead by experienced bioinformatics scientists.
- Analyze sequencing data using established pipelines;
- Perform appropriate QC measures;
- Implement, maintain and document data analysis pipelines and workflows;
- Benchmark new tools for sequencing data analysis and propose improvements;
- Assist and collaborate with internal and external researchers on interpretation of sequencing data;
- Summarize results in written or oral reports for bioinformatics scientists and internal researchers;
- Assist bioinformatics scientists in preparing text and figures for manuscripts and external presentations.