The Lappalainen and Satija labs at the New York Genome Center are looking for a highly motivated, detail-oriented individual to join the two teams, with an equal share of time spent with each lab. The individual will be responsible for analysis of functional genomics data sets, including software development and applying bioinformatics pipelines. The Satija lab works on single-cell RNA-sequencing, and the Lappalainen lab focuses on large-scale genotype and RNA-sequencing data analysis as well as genome editing with CRISPR. Both labs consist of scientists with computational and experimental expertise, and the work will be performed in collaboration with experienced computational biologists.
Job duties will include:
- Develop, benchmark and implement novel analysis approaches and software;
- Analyze sequencing data using established workflows;
- Assist in management of internally and externally produced data sets;
- Assist in computational analyses related to diverse research projects;
- Document and present results in written or oral reports to other lab members.