This entry-level position requires a bioinformatics programmer with experience dealing with large data sets. The Next-Generation Sequencing Informatics (NGSI) group manages the production, maintenance and primary analysis of vast quantities of genome sequence data as well as collaborating internationally on large cohort sequencing studies, specifically in the area of large-scale small and structural variant calling. Under the direction of a senior manager, a qualified candidate will assist with the processing and analysis of these data.
- Running bioinformatics analyses on heterogeneous data on a local HPC cluster.
- Tracking and managing jobs and storage efficiently.
- Using cloud computing to analyze large data sets.
- Processing and analysis of data within a Hadoop data warehouse.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.