The Baylor College of Medicine Human Genome Sequencing Center (BCM-HGSC) is seeking to recruit a Bioinformatics Analyst. The BCM-HGSC was founded in 1996 under the leadership of Dr. Richard Gibbs and is a world leader in genomics. The fundamental interests of the BCM-HGSC are in advancing biology and genetics by improved genome technologies. As one of the three large-scale sequencing centers funded by the National Institutes of Health, the BCM-HGSC provides a unique opportunity to work on the cutting edge of genomic science in a state of the art institution.
Essential functions and duties:
- Will assist with the on-going clinical bioinformatic analysis.
- Perform validations and benchmarks on new features in bioinformatics pipeline.
- Prepares reports and is able to present/communicate clearly.
- Manages data life cycle and maintains efficient computational data footprint.
- Supports the group with tool and pipeline development efforts.
- Is organized, methodical and contributes towards best practices. Ability to work in a fast paced environment.