The New York Genome Center is looking for a highly motivated, detail-oriented individual to join our germline DNA sequencing analysis team in the Bioinformatics group. The germline DNA sequencing team aims to develop, maintain, and improve whole-genome (WGS) and whole-exome sequencing (WES) analysis pipelines, including variant discovery, pedigree analysis, and functional annotation. As a Bioinformatics Analyst, you will be responsible for the analysis of next-generation sequencing (NGS) data, specifically small & large-scale WGS and WES data. You will perform analyses using existing pipelines, benchmark new tools, and assist in research projects with external collaborators centered around germline DNA sequencing and genomic data analysis. You will work as part of a team of scientists, analysts, and programmers, under a supervision of an experienced Bioinformatics Scientist.
Job duties might include:
- Analyze WGS and WES data using established workflows (e.g., germline variant calling pipeline);
- Perform appropriate QC measures (e.g., assess variant quality metrics);
- Implement, execute, and document data analysis pipelines and workflows;
- Benchmark new tools for sequencing data analysis and propose improvements;
- Assist in developing and applying novel analysis approaches;
- Assist and collaborate with internal and external researchers on analyses of NGS and genomic data;
- Summarize results in written or oral reports for bioinformatics scientists and internal researchers;
- Assist bioinformatics scientists in preparing text and figures for manuscripts and external presentations.