The New York Genome Center is looking for a highly motivated, detail-oriented individual to join our rapidly expanding informatics division in the computational biology group. As Bioinformatics Analyst (Epigenomics/RNA), you will be responsible for the analysis of next-generation sequencing (NGS) data, including but not limited to chromatin immunoprecipitation, whole genome bisulfite sequencing, transposase accessible chromatin sequencing, and RNA sequencing. You will be responsible for maintaining and developing new features for current pipelines. You will work as part of a team of analysts and scientists led by experienced bioinformatics scientists.
Job duties might include:
- Analyze sequencing data using established workflows;
- Perform appropriate QC measures;
- Implement, execute and document data analysis pipelines and workflows;
- Benchmark new tools for sequencing data analysis and propose improvements;
- Develop and apply novel analysis approaches;
- Assist and collaborate with internal and external researchers on analyses of NGS data;
- Summarize results in written or oral reports for bioinformatics scientists and internal researchers;
- Assist bioinformatics scientists in preparing text and figures for manuscripts and external presentations.