The New York Genome Center is looking for a highly motivated, detail-oriented individual to join our expanding computational biology group. As Bioinformatics Analyst, Cancer you will be responsible for the analysis of next-generation sequencing (NGS) data. You will work as part of a team of analysts and scientists led be experienced bioinformaticians.
Job duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Analyze cancer sequencing data using established pipelines and workflows;
- Perform appropriate QC measures;
- Implement, maintain and document data analysis pipelines and workflows;
- Benchmark new tools for cancer sequencing data analysis and propose improvements;
- Develop and apply novel analysis approaches;
- Assist and collaborate with internal and external researchers on analyses of NGS data;
- Summarize results in written or oral reports for bioinformatics scientists and internal researchers;
- Assist bioinformatics scientists in preparing text and figures for manuscripts and external presentations.