We are looking for a talented and motivated individual to work with teams of Researchers and Scientists providing bioinformatics training, consulting, application development and support as part of the Center for Advanced Genomic Technologies (CAGT).
- Contribute to the design, development, implementation, and testing of bioinformatic tools and analysis pipelines. (30%)
- Develop computational tools that use High Throughput genomic data to generate biological hypotheses. This might include not only writing new code, but repackaging and documenting existing scripts to make them reusable and easy to maintain. (25%)
- Collaborate and consult with researchers individually or in small groups to analyze problems, recommend technology-based solutions, and design computational strategies for a wide range of biological research. Initiate interdisciplinary collaborations with other centers or departments within and outside the CAGT. (20%)
- Recommend new methods, strategies and improvements to incorporate into existing analysis workflows. Try latest tools and analysis methods for new non-conventional genomic data (e.g. CRISPR screens), evaluating their fit and gradually incorporating them into existing analysis pipelines. (15%)
- Provide training on bioinformatics-related concepts, applications and tools to researchers across the CAGT. Design and participate in hands-on workshops to teach scientists how to use common analysis workflows. (10%)