Join the fast-paced, high-performance Genomics R&D team in developing novel and profitable product offerings that help advance human health and cure cancer. You’ll discover what we really are –inventors, scientists, engineers and visionaries working together to deliver the products and services that enable our customers to answer significant biological questions. We are seeking a highly-motivated individual to join our team of informatics and software experts. As part of this team, you will contribute to the analysis of genomics data and design of novel software and analysis techniques. As a member of the new Agilent business--Diagnostics and Genomics Group, you will play a key role in the success of our business through the development and implementation of novel genomics and molecular biology solutions.
· Analysis of genomics data and apply statistical methodologies to answer key questions for clinical research and assay development.
· Hands-on development of bioinformatics pipelines and efficient scripting to analyze and perform statistics on DNA-seq, RNA-seq data.
· Hands-on development of customer facing software tools and pipelines for analyzing microarray, next generation sequencing or other genomic data.
· Extend existing algorithms and implement new algorithms, quality control metrics and analyses summaries
· Present results of analyses in a succinct and clear manner using relevant graphs, summaries and statistical evaluations and validation results
· Design architecture for strategies to efficiently handle large datasets
· Develop plugins and connectors to integrate existing internal /third party analyses.
· Coordinate and facilitate communications with other departments and/or commercial vendors to identify, investigate and resolve significant software issues and questions and to ensure proper functioning of software systems.
· Maintain, document and test current code base