We are looking to appoint a highly motivated bioinformatician to join the Ensembl Genomes team at the European Bioinformatics Institute (EMBL-EBI), located on the Wellcome Trust Campus near Cambridge in the UK.
Ensembl and Ensembl Genomes are major bioinformatics resources integrating, interpreting and disseminating genome-scale data to the research community. They are maintained by a team of bioinformaticians and software developers, producing scalable infrastructure for genome analysis and building releases of integrated data sets. We are now seeking to appoint someone to work on our Ensembl sites for Bacteria, Protists and Fungal with specific responsibilities as follows:
- Integration of relevant data (including gene annotation, transcriptome, variation, and comparative genomics data) into regular public releases.
- Development and deployment of efficient software pipelines for data import and quality control, aimed at novel data types (e.g. host-pathogen interaction data) and data resources.
- Annotation of new genome assemblies, benchmarking of new software tools, and collaboration with external scientific researchers interested in preparing data for release in Ensembl Genomes.
- Collaboration with other members of the wider Ensembl team, relevant groups across the EBI, and external collaborators.
- Interaction with the user community, including training, support for community annotation, and identification of new requirements.
- Representation of Ensembl Genomes in conferences and workshops.