We are looking for a highly motivated bioinformatician to help build the pipelines and associated analysis tools for the single cell data analysis of the Single Cell Portal of Expression Atlas. You will be largely involved in the data production for a visualisation portal of the Human Cell Atlas project (HCA). You will work at EMBL-EBI located on the Wellcome Genome Campus, near Cambridge, in the UK.
The HCA project aims to build comprehensive reference maps of all human cells. These maps will provide a basis for both understanding human health and the molecular basis of disease. For more information about the HCA project click here.
The pipelines we are building will access and process data through a cloud infrastructure and prepare the appropriate formats for the different visualisations and bulk downloads that will be made available through our web-interface. As part of this team you will have great opportunities to engage with the data generators, project users and our collaborators from the University of California, Santa Cruz (UCSC), the Broad Institute and the funders the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative (CZI) to build the DCP.
Your role will include the following tasks:
- Working with Expression Atlas team to deliver a data production pipeline for single cell RNA-seq data
- Investigate different SOPs for processing scRNA-seq data from different experimental protocols
- Investigate visualisation tools for single cell data sets
- Proposing and implementing new features for the Single Cell Portal and Expression Atlas in general
- Collaborate with experimental teams at the Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute working on single cell transcriptomics
- Keep up to date with modern software engineering best practice and new technologies
Representing the team and the institute at HCA project meetings and international scientific conferences.