Permanent/Full time – based in Cambridgeshire
Industry leading package includes equity, annual bonus, 10% pension, gym membership, private healthcare and more!
Illumina is the leading developer, manufacturer, and marketer of life science tools and integrated systems for large-scale analysis of genetic variation, function and disease.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for a bioinformatician to join the team working on the 100,000 genome project. This ambitious project is the largest ever study of the underlying genetic causes of cancers and rare diseases and will characterise the genomes of NHS patients and their families to increase understanding of how these diseases occur (read this BBC news article on the 100,000 genome project for more information). Illumina is the company that has been chosen to sequence all of the samples collected and identify the differences in the patients’ genomes that could potentially be the source of their disease.
As a Bioinformatics scientist you will play a key role in this collaboration by executing and delivering the Bioinformatics analysis. This is an entry-level position with the potential to acquire skills in a broad range of computing technologies. We are seeking an exceptional individual who shows good attention to detail and enjoys working in a highly collaborative and fast paced environment.
Your responsibilities may include:
- Working in the production analysis group to understand and deliver large volumes of high quality data;
- Executing well-defined analysis workflows, with the scope to improve or automate them;
- Use and maintain core analysis infrastructure, web reporting and documentation;
- Writing or preparing prototype code for deployment in a production environment.
- Adhering to the ISO:15189:2012 Quality Management System