GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
We are seeking a highly motivated individual with expertise in computational and statistical methods to analyze large datasets such as Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) data. The individual will spearhead the computational biology efforts in the lab and closely interact with other lab members to design and evaluate their studies. Depending on qualifications and level of expertise of the individual the position will primarily focus on applying and developing computational and statistical methods to analyze large data sets for ongoing projects addressing the (epi-)genetic basis of stem cell differentiation and cellular dysfunction relevant to immune syndromes (e.g. Type 1 diabetes).
Additional responsibilities include:
- Enable, perform and support computational analyses for a wide range of research projects.
- Implement and adapt programs for high-throughput sequencing data analysis, cis regulatory motif identification, and DNA-binding protein motif searches.
- Independently develop, implement and maintain custom designed computational solutions relevant for ongoing lab-based projects.
- Independently develop, implement and maintain computational methods for meta-analysis of data generated in the lab as well as publicly available data.
- Interpret and present study results in support of laboratory members.
The ideal candidate will posses the following qualifications:
- BS in computer science, or equivalent experience
- 2 years of experience in relevant setting
- Strong background in statistical methodology, software languages and computer systems (R, Bioconductor, Python, Perl, C++, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, and interpersonal skills necessary to interact with a wide range of individuals.