At GenapSys we are working to change the world of healthcare and diagnostics. Our team brings together an incredibly diverse and multidisciplinary set of backgrounds and skills – from software developers, data scientists, electrical and mechanical engineers, to physicists, chemists, microfluidic engineers, molecular biologists, mathematicians and more. Together we will advance scientific and medical knowledge and improve human health through cheaper, faster, and more accurate DNA sequencing technologies.
We’re on the hunt for talented and organized team players to join our fast-paced startup as a Bioinformatician. We are looking for an eager and enthusiastic person who can dive into multiple tasks and take on many responsibilities. Specifically, we are looking for a bioinformatics scientist ready to develop, maintain, and evolve novel next generation sequence analysis software and pipelines with a focus on run assessment, data quality, knowledge integration, data interpretation, hypothesis generation and testing, as well as common sequence alignment algorithms/tools and NGS applications. Demonstrable experience using data mining and analysis tools to identify dominant patterns in next generation sequence datasets to diagnose instrument performance. If these challenges seem exciting and you fit the requirement outlined below - please apply!
- Direct all the bioinformatics activity; help build, grow, and mentor the team
- Design and deliver robust, scalable bioinformatics pipeline analysis solutions for genomic data generated by GenapSys’ GENIUS platform; for internal R&D as well as for commercial purposes
- Oversee and direct Archtercture for Bioinformatics Pipeline - Primary analysis
- Automate bioinformatics analysis including:
- Signal Processing/Primary analysis leading to basecalls and Q-scores for every run
- Secondary analysis leading to genome alignment, mapping, annotation and variant calling, and t
- Tertiary analysis of genomics data analysis., data mining and deep learning algorithm development across genotypic and phenotypic datasets.
- Collaborate with colleagues in Sequencing, Signal Processing, Primary Analysis software team, IT, and Commercial team to develop fully integrated bioinformatics pipeline solutions for targeted applications
- Develop and maintain analysis pipelines for next generation sequencing data
- Deep dive analysis of specific sequencing datasets to assess data/experiment quality
- Monitor data integrity and quality and alert team members when inconsistencies arise
- Trouble shooting and problem solving code, NGS experiments, and run failure patterns
- Use data mining tools to develop root cause hypotheses and analysis tools to perform follow-up tests