Covance is currently seeking a BioAnalytical Research Assistant for the Indianapolis, IN site.
As a Bionalytical Research Assistant III you will:
- Organize, conduct and evaluate analytical results and testing.
- Maintain study documentation and laboratory records.
- Independently set-up, maintain, operate and perform routine and non-routine maintenance on general equipment, including problem identification and resolution.
- Perform quality control review of data.
- Inform Study Director, Principal Investigator and/or management of any problems and/or deviations that may affect integrity of the data; participates in corrective action of problems.
- Promote a cohesive team environment.
- With supervisory assistance, assure technical staff compliance to SOPs and other regulatory agency guidelines.
- Assist in setting up and performing method development and validation of various analytes in a variety of matrices.
- Perform complex analyses using unfamiliar or new methods, asking for scientific guidance as needed.
- Make suggestions for modifications in test methods or procedures.
- Provide input and participates in project meetings, plans, monitors and guides project work.
- With supervisory assistance, serves as a lead chemist on projects, overseeing a small group of technical staff.
- Train, mentor, and assist less experienced staff.
- Maintain a clean and safe laboratory work environment.
- Participate in new equipment and instrument assessment and qualification, as appropriate.
- Participate in client visits as needed, assist in communicating technical information.
- Participate in process improvement initiatives.
- Assist in evaluation of data for incorporation into written reports.
- Effectively plan and utilize personnel and resources for timely completion of assigned projects.
- Assist in writing reports and protocols.
- Write SOPs and methods.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science/Arts (BS/BA) degree in chemistry or related scientific field
- Experience may be substituted for education.
- Ability to perform advanced computer skills (e.g., Word, Excel).
Experience - 4 years related or relevant laboratory experience required with a BS/BA degree or 6 years experience with an AAS degree.
- Familiar with the use of standard laboratory equipment (e.g., balances, pipettes, centrifuges).
- Experience with use and trouble shooting of analytical equipment.
- Effective communication (verbal and written), presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to design and independently conduct tests for chemistry projects and provide initial analysis of results.
- Acts as technical resource for the department (trouble shooting, method development, qualification, maintenance and training).
- Evaluates data for incorporation into written reports.
- Advanced time management skills to complete project assignments on time, with minimal or no supervision.
- Able to effectively schedule resources.
- Understands and helps staff with compliance to SOPs and other regulatory agency guidelines.
- Identifies process improvement opportunities, recommends solutions and implements action plans.
- Able to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing.
- Effectively interacts with internal and/or external clients.
- Acts as a project leader.
- Ability to assist in the preparation of relevant sections of final reports.
- Knowledgeable on a variety of study types, analysis procedures and methodologies.
EEO Employer Covance is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer (Minority/Female/Individual with Disability/Veteran). Your confidentiality and privacy are important to us.