Covance is currently seeking an Analyst II for the BioAnalytical Department at the Indianapolis, IN site.
As an Analyst II you will:
- Conduct routine analyses in compliance with applicable methods, protocols, SOPs, and regulatory agency guidelines.
- Document work properly; maintain study documentation and laboratory records.
- Operate laboratory equipment appropriate for assigned tasks.
- Provide input and participates in project meetings.
- Perform QC review of data.
- Recognize deviations from normal results and informs Study Director, Principal Investigator and/or management of any problems and/or deviations that may affect the integrity of the data.
- Plan assigned workload on a daily basis and effectively schedules multiple assignments.
- Learn to identify problems, determine appropriate actions and implement solutions with support as appropriate.
- Able to adapt techniques to new procedures or particular needs as directed.
- Contribute to a cohesive team environment.
- Plan individual workload in coordination with team members.
- May train and instruct less experienced staff.
- Participate in process improvement initiatives.
- Maintain a clean and safe laboratory work environment.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Interact with internal clients.
- Bachelor of Science/Arts (BS/BA) degree in chemistry or related scientific field.
- Experience may be substituted for education.
- Familiar with the use of standard laboratory equipment.
- Experience with analytical instrumentation is desired.
- Basic knowledge of computers and software programs.
Experience - Minimum 6 months related experience.
EEO Employer Covance is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer (Minority/Female/Individual with Disability/Veteran). Your confidentiality and privacy are important to us.